Losing power during a storm can be a major inconvenience for your household - even if the blackout lasts for just a few hours. Without power, you may not be able to run your HVAC systems, electronic devices, or your appliances - including your refrigerator. To avoid these inconveniences, and the risk of having your food spoil, install a whole-house generator in your property in Asheville, NC. Trust our technicians to perform repairs and replacements on your unit to keep the lights on - no matter what’s happening in your neighborhood. We offer same-day services!
Is your aging air conditioner causing your utility bills to rise? Call us to learn about our AC repair and maintenance services.
Benefits of Installing a Whole House Generator
Do you frequently lose power during severe storms? You can prevent these inconveniences - and safety risks - by installing a whole-house generator. Some of the benefits of installing these systems in your home can include:
- Improved safety: These units emit fewer fumes than portable generators, making them safer to have around your home and your family.
- Better functionality: These units can work for hours without pausing or quitting. They can also be set to turn on specific appliances during a blackout, like a refrigerator or HVAC system.
- Start automatically: These start automatically after just a few minutes of losing power.
- Peace of mind: A whole house generator can give you assurances that your family and your home are safe during a power outage.
How To Select a Generator for Your Home
It’s important to choose the right generator for your home -- both in functionality and in size. When selecting a unit for your house you should consider the following:
- Know which electrical appliances and devices you need to function during a blackout.
- Be aware of how the unit works in various temperatures to ensure it works during summer blackouts. This is important to keep the air conditioner running during periods of extreme heat.
- Ensure the system can power your refrigerator during a power outage to protect your perishables.
- Know what size of unit to purchase by determining the total watts of electricity the generator will need to provide.
- How much you want to spend on a system.
Is your air conditioner unlikely to make it through another summer? Contact us to learn about our AC installation and replacement services.
Why You Need a Standby Generator
Do you think generators are only for construction sites or rural areas? Think again - they can benefit homes in the suburbs and urban areas, too. To determine if you can benefit from a standby generator, consider these questions:
- Does your neighborhood experience heavy rain or severe storms?
- Do you experience power outages more than three times a year?
- Do you experience lengthy blackouts, especially in the summer heat?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, then a generator can benefit your household. Contact our technicians at Champion Comfort Experts to learn about our installation services.