Water heaters might be the most underrated home appliances. They allow us to wash dishes, clean clothes and bathe in comfort and convenience. Whether you own a traditional water heater or a more eco-friendly and money-saving tankless model, it’s important to have access to contractors that can service these essential devices.
The technicians at Champion Comfort Experts offer hot water heater installation and hot water heater repair services, both for traditional and tankless models, to homes in the Hendersonville, NC area. We can help ensure your appliance keeps running or upgrade your unit so you can experience the benefits of a modern machine.
Do you want to save cash on your next service call? Learn how by browsing our coupons page.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters give homeowners a big edge when it comes to water and energy consumption. It all comes down to the appliance’s primary feature, which is it doesn’t require the use of a water tank. Instead, these devices connect directly to a home’s plumbing, which brings all sorts of benefits. Here’s what you can look forward to if you install a tankless water heater:
- A limitless supply of hot water, since it comes straight from the plumbing.
- Water heats up on command, which means no energy is wasted warming up a tank.
- Fewer parts mean fewer things can go wrong and break down.
- Extra space since there’s no more need to store a large tank.
- Longer life expectancy in comparison to traditional models.
All of the features listed above could result in big savings for homeowners. No water is being wasted while stored in a big tank and no fuel is spent keeping it warm, making tankless water heaters more energy efficient. There are also fewer components in contrast with traditional models, which means repairs will likely be less frequent.
Take a look at our customer reviews page to discover what people in your area are saying about our services.
Gas Water Heaters vs. Electric Water Heaters
With all of the new technology on the market today, it can get confusing and overwhelming to choose the right system for your home. We pride ourselves on informing our customers and assisting them with making the decision that fits within their budget and needs. Here are some considerations when deciding between an electric and gas water heater.
- Cost: Gas water heaters are typically cheaper to operate, however, the upfront costs are usually more.
- Existing fittings: If your home is already fitted for a certain system, you may save money by installing a hot water tank that matches.
- Efficiency: Efficiency is an important consideration because an efficient system can save you on monthly utility costs.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
Few things are worse than going into your shower or tub to enjoy a hot soak only to find that your system has gone kaput. Identify the signs ahead of time so that you can call our experts before having to struggle through a cold shower.
- Water will not heat up
- Low water pressure
- Strange colored water
- Strange noises coming from your tank
- Inconsistent temperatures
If you’re having an issue, give us a call right away. We can assist you with scheduling a repair for your broken or leaking water heater.
Hot Water Heater Replacement Service
Before you upgrade or replace your existing water heater, it may be a good idea to learn about the signs of an appliance in decline. Here are some clues that will help you identify when to call for hot water heater replacement:
- Physical damage has been done to the appliance.
- The unit requires frequent repairs to remain operational.
- Huge drop in efficiency, which leads to increased utility costs.
Hot water heaters become more expensive to maintain as they age. If you find the price of making frequent service calls and paying for an appliance that isn’t running at peak efficiency to be getting out of hand, it may be wise to consider calling for hot water heater replacement.