Is the water your family is drinking safe? Don’t risk their health! Call us to schedule water filtration system repairs and installations in Asheville!
Is the water in your household safe for your family to drink? Are you sure? Don’t risk your family’s health with unfiltered water. Install a whole-house water filtration system today by calling Champion Comfort Experts. When you schedule services with us at your Asheville, NC, home we will provide upfront pricing.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
When selecting a water filtration system for your home, it’s important to choose the type that best fits your household’s needs and addresses your water’s issues.
Some of the most common types of filters include:
These commonly-used filters are one of the most cost-effective models.
This type is good for filtering well water.
These use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and minerals.
These remove Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
Alkaline Water Ionizers
This type adds a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shifts the pH level.
Ultravoilet Water Filters
These are good for destroying germs, but the bulbs have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced often.
Magnetic Water Filters
These reshape water minerals with magnets.
Infrared Water Filters
This type passively reshapes the water structure.
These use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
Required Maintenance on Filtration Systems
You can’t take any chances with your family’s health. To ensure the drinking water they are consuming is safe, it’s important to keep your water filtration system properly maintained so it functions as expected.
Some tasks you should perform on various types of systems can include:
- Replace the carbon filter as needed.
- Clean and replace the membrane in a reverse osmosis system. The pump may also require service from time to time.
- Clean the components in a water distillation filter.
- Replace the bulbs with an ultraviolet water filter.
Common Problems With Water Purification Systems
Like all systems in your house, occasionally, you might encounter issues with your whole-house water purification system that needs professional repairs.
Some of the more common problems can include:
- In a carbon filtration system, the system may malfunction if the filters are not changed regularly.
- In a reverse osmosis system, the pump can suffer issues that can affect your water pressure.
- Have a professional inspect the pump and determine if it can be repaired.
- While a water distillation system may have less common problems than the other systems, it can take it longer to perform its job.
If you experience any issues with your water filtration system, call Champion Comfort Experts to let our experts diagnose and repair the problem.
Is the water in your house safe for your family to drink? Call Champion Comfort Experts to have our technicians install or repair a whole-house water filtration system in your Asheville, NC home.