If you smell gas at your home, quickly leave the property and call us! Our experts will provide gas leak detection services at your Asheville home to find and repair the issue.
When you smell gas in your home or around your property, you should always take it as a serious threat of a gas leak. Call Champion Comfort Experts for gas leak detection services. If we don’t find a leak, then you have assurances that you and your family are safe. If we do locate an issue, then our technicians will repair the problem to prevent potential carbon monoxide poisoning or even an explosion at your home. When you schedule services with us in Asheville, NC, we will provide upfront pricing and even offer same-day services!
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Being able to detect a gas leak as soon as possible is crucial to protecting your family from serious illness – or even death.
Some signs to watch for that can indicate you have a leak include:
- An odor that is similar to rotten eggs in or around your home.
- Dying vegetation in your yard.
- Excess condensation on your windows.
- Health issues like nausea, dizziness, fatigue, or passing out.
- Damaged connections to gas-powered appliances.
- A hissing or roaring sound near your gas pipes.
- Any water or dirt in the air near the gas source.
If you notice any of these symptoms, call Champion Comfort Experts to have our professionals investigate the issue!
Steps To Take If You Suspect You Have a Gas Leak
When you suspect there’s a gas leak at your home, it’s important to act quickly to protect yourself and your family.
Follow these steps to keep your loved ones safe:
- Evacuate your property.
- As you leave, do not turn light switches on or off, as they can create a spark.
- After you are in a safe location, call emergency professionals and gas leak experts for help.
- Do not ignite any flames, including a match or a candle.
- Open all of the doors and windows to allow air to circulate.
- Do not start your car, even if it is in the garage or parked near your home.
- Do not operate any electronics — including cell phones. You will need to wait to call for emergency services until after you are in a safe location.
Gas Leaks Can Cause Explosions, Carbon Monoxide Leaks
When a gas leak occurs at your home, every second matters in keeping your family and your house safe. These can help prevent dangerous outcomes, including an explosion or a carbon monoxide leak.
Another potential risk is carbon monoxide poisoning. This can be one of the most serious dangers associated with gas leaks as there are typically no warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. Some symptoms to watch for include fatigue and nausea. If you suspect you have carbon monoxide poisoning you should immediately evacuate your home and seek emergency medical attention.
Act quickly if you suspect there’s a gas leak at your home or property. Call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule gas leak detection services in Asheville, NC. We offer same-day appointments!