Have you noticed your shower starting to drain slower and slower -- and now you’re showering in ankle-high water? Call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule professional drain cleaning services. Our technicians will remove any clogs and blockages to get your drains fully functioning, allowing you to shower without worrying about your drains. When you schedule services with us in Asheville, NC, we will provide upfront pricing!
Is your bathroom outdated? Have our plumbing experts help with your bathroom remodel!
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Have you avoided getting professional drain cleaning services in the past because you were convinced you could pull hair out the drain yourself? Sure, you might be able to pull some of a clog out, but are you removing the entire blockage? If you notice these symptoms it can signal it’s time to call a plumber to fully clean your drains:
- Slow drains: These can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you have to frequently clean your drains, it can signal you’re not completely removing the blockage on your own.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: Having multiple drains clogged at one time can indicate there’s a blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Odors can indicate a minor issue, like food trapped inside the drain, or a major issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can signal a clog in your sewer line. This can be a serious issue and it can result in contaminated water all over the floor.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning Services
When is the last time you had a plumber clean your drains? If you are not having these services performed regularly, you can be missing out on several key benefits. Some of the advantages can include:
- Get rid of stubborn clogs that you can’t remove yourself.
- Completely remove the blockage to eliminate slow drains.
- Have a plumber inspect your pipes regularly and remove small clogs before they get bigger to help reduce the risk of plumbing emergencies.
- Reduce odors in your home caused by clogs.
Is the water coming out of your faucets lukewarm or cold? If so, contact us to schedule water heater services.
Ways To Avoid Clogged Pipes
While clogged pipes can be a nuisance for your household, there are ways to avoid getting these blockages. Some ways you can prevent these clogs include:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. If there is leftover food on your plate, scrape it into the trash instead of down the drain or in the garbage disposal.
- Never put grease down the drain. First, pour it into a container to cool, and then throw it in the trash.
- Put a screen over bathroom drains to collect hair before it causes a clog.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.