If your house feels humid, it can be a bigger problem than just being uncomfortable in your home. Too much moisture in your house can lead to the formation of mold and mildew, which can lead to health issues for your family. To get rid of the humidity - and make your house feel less sticky - call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule dehumidifier services with our experienced technicians. We offer repairs and installations to the Asheville, NC area. We also provide same-day appointments to restore comfort to your house.
Are you putting your heating and cooling systems at risk by failing to replace the filters? Call us to learn about our air filtration services.
Benefits of AC Dehumidifier Installation
Having too much moisture in your home can have negative consequences for your house. Not only does it make your house humid and uncomfortable, but it can also lead to health issues if mold and mildew form. Installing a dehumidifier can help you avoid these issues, and also provide you with the following benefits:
- Eliminate clammy skin that can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity, which can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- Decrease musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air, and condensation.
- Take some of the burden off of your air conditioner, helping to lower your monthly utility bills.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Like all systems and appliances in your home, occasionally your dehumidifier might encounter problems. Some of the more common issues you might experience are:
- The unit doesn’t turn on: This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- The system’s reservoir is full: This can prevent the system from turning on.
- The evaporator coils are frozen: This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- There’s a refrigerant leak: This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerant is a dangerous substance and should only be handled by professionals.
Are you looking for a way to improve the air quality in your home? Contact us to learn about UV air sanitizers.
How To Properly Maintain Your Dehumidifier
It’s important to keep your dehumidifier fully functioning to experience all of the benefits it can provide. To do this, perform these maintenance tasks regularly to keep your unit working properly:
- Change the filter regularly.
- Inspect the condenser coils often.
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills.