Does turning on the shower and experiencing instant hot water sound appealing to you? How about getting through showers or baths for your entire family without running out of hot water? If so, a tankless water heater might be the right solution for your house. Call Champion Comfort Experts for tankless water heater repairs and installations in Asheville, NC. When you call us, we will provide upfront pricing so there are no surprises later!
Is your household not quite ready to make the switch to a tankless unit? That’s OK! Learn about our traditional water heater services.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heater Installation
When installing a new water heater in your house it can be difficult to decide if you want a traditional unit or a tankless system. However, there are certain advantages tankless water heaters provide, including:
- They only heat the exact amount of water needed -- helping to reduce your monthly utility bills.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- They take up less space than traditional models.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
When you purchase a tankless water heater, there is no guarantee how long it will last. However, experts do provide some estimates. Depending on the make and model, these units can last between 10 to 20 years -- or longer. This lifespan can also be affected by how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
Act quickly when you have an issue with your water line. Call us to schedule water line repairs and replacements!
Issues You Might Encounter With On-Demand Water Heaters
As with any household appliance, tankless water heaters are not perfect. While there are many advantages to these instant hot water heaters, there are some issues you might encounter during the installation process or while using the unit, including:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit, but you will save on energy usage. Soon, the money you’re saving can outweigh the price of the unit.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Only trust a plumbing professional to do this work!
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.