Does your basement flood during heavy storms? One solution is to install a functioning sump pump. These systems help prevent floodwaters from entering your home - letting you avoid costly water damage to your property. To have a sump pump repaired, maintained, or installed in your Asheville, NC, home, call Champion Comfort Experts. We provide fast, reliable services, and offer same-day appointments!
Is your water heater no longer producing hot water? Contact us to learn about our water heater services.
Reasons To Install a Sump Pump in Your Asheville Home
When heavy rainstorms arrive in Asheville, NC, you want to ensure your house is protected from flooding. One way to do this is by making sure you have a functioning sump pump. These units help prevent excess water from seeping into your property -- letting you avoid costly repairs from severe water damage. These systems can also protect you and your family from unsafe living conditions as flooding can cause mold and mildew to grow in your home.
Various Types of Sump Pumps
When installing a sump pump in your home, you have several options to choose from, depending on the functionality you need. Some types of units include:
- Pedestal sump pumps: These have their pump set at the top of the sump basin. This lets technicians easily access it if it needs repairs. These units have hollow shafts or pipes that run down to the bottom of the basin where they pump out the water through an installed impeller apparatus.
- Submersible sump pumps: These have a waterproof motor and are placed into the pit, which allows for more quiet operation.
- Sewage septic pumps: This type of unit is used when black wastewater material has to be moved up a level from below the ground surface. These systems grind the waste into a fine slurry, which is then pumped upward into a septic tank system.
- Septic effluent pumps: These specialty devices force liquefied septic fluids through drain fields.
- Battery backup: This is important to install to allow your pump to keep working during a power failure caused by a severe storm.
You need to act quickly when you have a burst pipe at your home. Contact us for water main and burst pipe repair services.
Common Sump Pump Problems
Occasionally, you might encounter issues with your sump pump that will require repairs. Some common problems can include:
- Power failures: Unless you have a battery backup installed, your unit will stop working if the power goes out during a severe storm.
- Float valve issues: Make sure that the float valve is free from any obstructions to avoid serious issues with your unit.
- Underpowered pumps: If your unit is not the right size for your home, you should have a new one installed as soon as possible.
- Frozen or clogged discharge pipe: Ensure that the discharge pipes are clean and properly functioning to prevent issues.
- Worn out pump motors: If the motor in your unit wears out, consult a professional to determine if you should repair it or if you need to replace the system.