If left unrepaired, slab leaks can quickly cause severe damage to your property. As soon as you suspect a leak, call us to schedule repair services in Asheville.
When a slab leak occurs at your property, it can quickly cause severe damage, including flooding in your home, a damaged lawn, wrecked pipes, and even the growth of mold and mildew. To avoid these, it’s important to have these leaks diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible. If you suspect you have a slab leak, call Champion Comfort Experts. Our technicians can inspect the problem and make the needed fixes at your Asheville, NC home. We provide upfront pricing and offer same-day services.
What Is a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks can cause extensive damage to your home – mostly because of their location. These are leaks that occur below the concrete foundation of your house, allowing them to potentially go unnoticed for a long time. And the longer these exist, the more damage they can cause. This can include flood damage to your home, lawn, and pipes. They can also create potential health issues for your family if mold and mildew form.
Because of the amount of damage, these can cause, it’s important to call Champion Comfort Experts when you first suspect a leak.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
Some signs to watch for can include:
- An increase in your monthly water bills, without an increase in your usage.
- The sound of running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- If there are cold or hot spots on your foundation.
- If you see cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or other visible signs of damage.
How Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
When you schedule professional services to have a slab leak inspected and repaired, you can expect the plumber to perform the following services to accurately fix the issue:
- Use advanced home foundation leak detection methods — like video camera inspection technology — to inspect the leak and find the exact location of the issue.
- Open the slab and repair the leak.
- Inspect the plumbing system and determine if he or she will need to replace or reroute the entire line.
- Determine if there are several small leaks in the line. If there are, the plumber will apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair the issues. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.
If you suspect you have a slab leak at your property, call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule an appointment with our technicians in Asheville, NC. We offer upfront pricing!