While you might strive to keep a clean house, there are still germs and other debris floating throughout the air that your family is breathing in. To get rid of these and to keep your family healthy, it’s important to clean the air. One way to do this is with a UV air sanitizer. Call Champion Comfort Experts to learn more about these systems and to schedule repairs and installations in your Asheville, NC home. When you schedule services with us we will provide upfront pricing!
Are you worried about the quality of your home’s air? Contact us about our indoor air quality services to have our experts check it out.
What Are UV Air Sanitizers?
One way to ensure the air in your home is clean is to install a sanitizer. One option is a UV air sanitizer. These systems help eliminate the growth and development of organisms such as fungi, bacteria, and viruses. These units utilize UV-C, which is used in hospitals to sanitize rooms, medical tools, sinks, and more to kill up to 99% of germs. New technology now allows these systems to be used in homes, allowing you to have safe and clean air in your house.
Air Sanitizers vs. Air Purifiers
When improving the indoor air quality in your home, both air sanitizers and air purifiers can clean the air. So, which one is best for your house? Use the following information about each system to help make your choice:
- Sanitizers: These come in two basic types -- ultraviolet light and germicidal irradiation. The UV sanitizers use light to clean the air. The germicidal irradiation version destroys pollutants like bacteria, allergens, and viruses.
- Purifiers: These systems pull pollutants, smoke, and other particles out of the air and store them in a filter. This prevents them from being released back into the air. Purifiers are able to clean the air without releasing any pollutants; however, they cannot remove viruses from your home.
Does your house get hot and stuffy, especially in the summer months? Learn about our dehumidifier services!
Benefits of UV Air Sanitizer Installation
There are many benefits of installing a UV air sanitizer in your home. While it will help improve the overall indoor air quality in your house, it will also provide these specific advantages:
- Eliminate over 98% of airborne germs.
- Reduce the growth of organisms like fungi, bacteria, or viruses.
- Reduce odors.
- Fight allergens.
- Destroy common germs and viruses.
- Sanitize the air in a chemical-free manner.
- Sanitize surfaces in your home.