Common Furnace Problems
Occasionally, your furnace will encounter problems that will require repairs.
Some of the most common problems that will require a heating contractor to fix can include:
- Lack of Maintenance: Not scheduling a tune-up at least once a year can lead to numerous issues with your unit.
- Dirty or Clogged Filters: Failing to replace your filters regularly – at least every three months – can cause debris to build up, which can put a strain on your unit and result in poor indoor air quality.
- Wear and Tear: As your unit ages it will develop issues that will require more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat it should be inspected by a contractor.
- Inadaquete Air Flow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon Monoxide Leak: A carbon monoxide leak is one of the most serious issues you can encounter with your unit. This can be caused by a crack in the heat exchanger. If you suspect you have a carbon monoxide leak, you should evacuate the property immediately and call for professional help.
When you need furnace installations or replacements, call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule an appointment with our heating contractors. We offer same-day services in Asheville, NC.