While replacing your furnace may not be on your wish list for this year, unfortunately, eventually, your system reaches a point where it can no longer be repaired and a new unit must be installed. When that time comes, hire a company you can trust to perform fast and accurate work. Call Champion Comfort Experts for installation and replacement services in Asheville, NC. We offer upfront pricing so there are no surprises later!
Not quite ready to replace your furnace? Learn about our furnace repair services.
Signs Your Furnace Needs To Be Replaced
There are certain signs you can watch for that can indicate your furnace needs to be replaced. Some of these symptoms can include:
- If your unit is nearing the end of its expected lifespan.
- If the system is losing efficiency, preventing it from properly heating your home.
- If there are cracks in your unit. This can be especially dangerous if there is a crack in the heat exchanger, which can lead to a carbon monoxide leak.
- If there is an increase in your monthly utility bills.
- If your unit needs multiple - or costly - repairs.
If you notice any of these signs, call Champion Comfort Experts to have our experts inspect your unit and determine if a new system needs to be installed.
Benefits of Installing a New System
Installing a new furnace in your home can have numerous benefits for your house and your family. Some of the advantages can include:
- New features and updates: Get the latest technology and bells and whistles to provide maximum climate control in your house.
- More energy-efficient: New systems can use up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems.
- Less noise: New units make less noise than older units.
- More consistent heating: New models provide more consistent heating throughout your home than older systems, eliminating hot and cold spots.
Are you looking for an energy-efficient alternative to a forced-air heating system? Ask us about our heat pump services.
Common Furnace Problems
Occasionally, your furnace will encounter problems that will require repairs. Some of the most common problems that will require a heating contractor to fix can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Not scheduling a tune-up at least once a year can lead to numerous issues with your unit.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Failing to replace your filters regularly - at least every three months - can cause debris to build up, which can put a strain on your unit and result in poor indoor air quality.
- Wear and tear: As your unit ages it will develop issues that will require more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat it should be inspected by a contractor.
- Inadequate air flow: Disrupted air flow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: A carbon monoxide leak is one of the most serious issues you can encounter with your unit. This can be caused by a crack in the heat exchanger. If you suspect you have a carbon monoxide leak, you should evacuate the property immediately and call for professional help.