Is your house not cooling to the setting on your thermostat? Is the air coming from your AC unit room temperature or warmer? These can signal you need repairs on your system. Call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule air conditioning repairs and maintenance to get your system performing as expected - and to keep your house cool and comfortable. We offer same-day services to the Asheville, NC area.
Is it time to replace your aging air conditioner? Contact us to learn about our AC installation and replacement services.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
To keep your house cool and comfortable all summer long, it’s important to have a functioning air conditioner. Watch for these signs that can indicate the unit is starting to malfunction so you can schedule repairs with a technician as soon as possible:
- Your home isn’t cooling to the desired temperature.
- Your unit isn’t producing cool air.
- Water is pooling under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- Your home isn’t cooling evenly, resulting in hot and cold spots.
- Your monthly utility bills increase without a change in usage.
- Your unit is getting older and nearing the end of its lifespan.
Why AC Maintenance Is Important
You rely on your air conditioner to keep your house comfortable during the hot summer months. To ensure it’s working properly when you need it most, it’s important to keep it properly maintained all year. Scheduling regular maintenance appointments with a professional can provide the following benefits:
- Keep your unit running efficiently and economically.
- Lower your operating costs.
- Provide maximum climate control throughout your home.
- Ensure proper indoor air quality in your house.
- Catch small issues early before they turn into major problems.
- Ensure that your property and loved ones are safe.
Do you want an alternative to a forced-air AC unit? Learn about our ductless mini split AC systems.
What To Expect During an AC Tune-Up
It’s recommended that you schedule professional maintenance on your air conditioner at least once a year to keep it functioning properly. During a routine tune-up you can expect an AC contractor to perform the following tasks:
- Check the refrigerant to look for leaks and see if it needs to be recharged.
- Examine the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly and that air is flowing through it as expected.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors as needed.
- Examine the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected.