Are you delaying the inevitable by holding off on replacing your air conditioning unit? Don’t wait until it fails completely to finally install a new system. Instead, be proactive and replace your unit today when you call Champion Comfort Experts for services in Asheville, NC. Our technicians bring experience and expertise to every job to ensure it’s done quickly and accurately. We provide upfront pricing and same-day services to restore comfort to your house as soon as possible!
Does your air conditioning system need repairs? Contact us to learn about our AC repair and maintenance services.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioning System
Don’t wait until your AC system breaks down before replacing your unit. Without a working air conditioner, you can be forced to endure an uncomfortable house while waiting for your new system to be installed. To avoid this, be proactive and schedule replacement services when you notice the following signs:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old.
- Higher bills. Your system is losing efficiency, which is resulting in higher utility bills.
- Not operating at its full capacity. Your home is not cooling to the desired temperature.
- Needs repairs. Your unit needs frequent - or multiple - repairs.
- Needs a costly repair. Your system needs a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your unit is leaking moisture.
- Loud sounds. You hear strange sounds coming from the unit that could signal an issue with your motor.
- Lack of cold air. Your unit isn’t producing cold air.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
Installing a new air conditioning system in your home can provide many benefits. While one of the main ones might be giving you peace of mind that your unit is unlikely to need repairs in the near future, some of the other advantages are:
- A more energy-efficient unit. This can result in lower utility bills.
- Maximum indoor climate control. This will allow your home to cool evenly without hot and cold spots.
- Improved indoor air quality. Newer models can effectively remove dust, debris, and particles from the air in your home.
- Longer lifespan. New units should last longer than older models.
- New technology and features. These bells and whistles should allow you to properly control the climate in your home.
When your air handler needs repairs, act quickly to restore comfort to your home. Call us to schedule services.
Symptoms That Indicate You Need To Recharge Your Refrigerant
Is your air conditioner running but it’s not producing cold air? Does the air in your home smell musty? These are some symptoms that can indicate your system needs its refrigerant recharged. Other signs to watch for that can signal you need a professional to add more refrigerant can include:
- The temperature in your home doesn’t match what’s set on the thermostat.
- Your unit is blowing out warm or lukewarm air.
- You spot frost building up on your tubes, motors, and other parts of the system. This can indicate a leak and should be inspected and repaired by a professional.