Without a functioning air handler, the airflow through your heating and cooling systems can’t be regulated or circulated. This can greatly impact the temperature and overall comfort level in your house. When your air handler needs repairs, it’s important to act quickly and schedule services. Call Champion Comfort Experts for repair, installation, and replacement services in Asheville, NC. We offer same-day appointments to restore comfort to your house as soon as possible!
Do you need your AC unit replaced before the summer heat arrives? Learn about our AC installation and replacement services.
Why Air Handlers Are Important
How often do you think about your air handler? OK, let’s face it, not often, right? But this unit serves a crucial role in your heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. It provides the following functions:
- Regulates and circulates airflow.
- Directs air through your heating and cooling system.
- Pushes air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- Regulates the circulation rate and ensures that air is adequately distributed.
4 Issues That Cause Air Handlers to Breakdown
From time to time your air handler may encounter issues that will require professional repairs. Some common problems can include:
- Clogged air filters.
- Cooling coils clogged by dirt and dust.
- Worn or faulty fan belts.
- Burnt out blower motor.
If your air handler shows signs of these issues, call Champion Comfort Experts to schedule an appointment with our AC contractors.
Is your furnace failing to warm your house to the setting on the thermostat? Contact us for furnace repair services.
Benefits of Regular Air Handler Inspections
Because your air handler plays an important role in your heating and cooling systems, it’s important to keep it functioning properly all year. To avoid having it unexpectedly breakdown, have it inspected regularly by a professional. Scheduling routine maintenance on your unit each year can provide the following benefits:
- Let technicians identify small problems that could become larger issues if not treated.
- Inspect the blower motor to assess its functionality and efficiency. A professional will look for changes in speed and ensure there is an effective output of forced air through the system.
- Check the fan belts. These can deteriorate over time and become faulty, so it’s best to have them inspected regularly by a technician so he or she can spot signs of wear and tear.
- Clean the cooling coils to remove any clogs caused by dirt and dust.
- Change the air filters regularly to ensure the system can run efficiently and improve the indoor air quality.