When the summer heat and humidity arrive, you want to know you can seek comfort in your cool, air-conditioned home. To ensure your unit functions properly all summer, it’s important to schedule routine maintenance and repairs before the heat hits. Call Champion Comfort Experts for AC repairs, tune-ups, and replacements in Asheville, NC. We offer same-day services to restore comfort to your home!
Does your aging air conditioner require multiple repairs to keep it running this summer? Ask us about our AC installation and replacement services.
Here’s a list of our cooling services we provide:
- Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Indoor Air Quality
- Filter Replacement
- UV Air Sanitizers
- Heat Pump Services
Signs You Need To Replace Your AC System
Having your air conditioner totally breakdown in the middle of summer is never an ideal situation. To avoid this, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate your system needs to be replaced so you can install a new unit before it completely malfunctions. Some signs to watch for can include:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old.
- High utility bills: If your unit is losing efficiency, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less efficient: If your property is not cooling to the desired temperature, or if the air is not blowing out as strong as it should be.
- Multiple repairs: If your unit needs several - or costly - repairs.
- Leaks: If your unit is leaking.
- Noises: If you start to hear strange sounds coming from your unit, it can signal an issue with your motor.
How To Save on Cooling Costs
Cooling your house to a comfortable temperature in the summer months can take a toll on your utility bills. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to reduce these cooling costs and still keep your house comfortable:
- Ensure that your home is properly insulated to keep hot air from seeping in.
- Replace air filters regularly -- about every three months -- to allow the unit to operate properly.
- Schedule a tune-up by a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to allow you to better control the temperature in your home.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- Replace your outdated system with a new, more energy-efficient one.
- Use fans to help circulate the air around the house and make it feel cooler.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Are you looking for an energy-efficient way to cool your home? Contact us to learn about ductless mini split AC systems.
Common Problems With AC Units
From time to time, all household systems and appliances require repairs - including your air conditioning unit. Some of the most common issues that can require you to schedule services with an AC contractor are:
- Lack of cold air: The most noticeable problem with your unit is likely when it is not producing cold air.
- Overworking: If air is not flowing through your vents properly it can cause your system to work harder than necessary to cool your property. This can put a strain on your unit and can cause your monthly bills to increase.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If your thermostat is not working properly it can fail to control the climate in your home, and can cause hot and cold spots throughout your property.
- Leak: If there’s moisture around the unit it can be caused by a blocked drain tube. The moisture can also be refrigerant, so any substances should only be handled by a professional to ensure your safety.